Ab Crunch 3
On the Floor with the Ball
- Lie on your yoga mat on your back with your
hands behind your head as in the picture below.
- Don't interlock your fingers.
- Rest your legs on the ball such that your hips
and knees are at 90 degrees.
- Try and keep your pelvis in the neutral
- Contract your abdominal
muscles and pull your shoulders up so that your shoulder
blades just lift off the floor.
- Visualize the distance between your rib cage
and your pelvis as getting shorter.
- Hold this briefly and return to the starting
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to
facilitate deep neck flexors so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to
squeeze an orange between your chin and your chest.
- Avoid pulling on your head.
Repeat this ball exercise 6
- Try holding a weight across your chest.
- Try Ab Crunch 3
Repeat this ball exercise 10
Repeat this ball exercise 15
Return to the top of Ab