- To start the easy pushups, kneel on the
floor in front of the ball and slide forward
so that you are lying over the ball with the ball situated just under
your knees or thighs.
your abdominals so that your
back remains straight.
- Lift your legs so you form a straight line from your
feet to your head
- Hands should be situated directly under your
lower yourself to the floor by bending your elbows.
- Imagining yourself pivoting over the ball so that as
your shoulders move down toward the floor your straight legs rise up
toward the ceiling.
your self back up keeping yourself perfectly straight.
- Pectoral muscles, deltoid, triceps.
you have difficulty with this easy pushup try moving back so that the
is under the top of your thighs.
- Practice Knee Pushup on Ball, and Pushups on Ball while maintaining
good form before trying this exercise.
- Don't lock
your elbows at the top of the movement.
- Keep your neck straight, chin tucked. Don't allow
your chin to fall toward the floor, and don't tilt your head back.
- There should be no pain the the shoulders or neck
doing this exercise. If you experience pain, see your physical
therapist to determine if this ball exercise is appropriate for you.
- Try moving the ball closer to your feet. The further
the ball is from your pelvis the more difficult this ball exercise
This is a great exercise if you have weaknesses in your shoulders. If
you are trying to do the perfect pushup, you'll need someplace to
start. This easy pushup exercise works the shoulders and chest through
the full range of motion while removing a lot of the weight and it's
easier to make it more difficult simply by moving the exercise ball.
Repeat this ball exercise 6
Repeat this ball exercise 10
Repeat this ball exercise 15
Return to the top of