Single Knee Tuck
- Start this exercise ball exercise as you did for the Ball Plank.
- Kneel in front of the ball and slide yourself forward over the exercise ball.
- Walk forward as you did in the Ball Walkout until your feet are over the top of the ball.
- Hands should be shoulder width apart situated directly under your shoulders.
- Lift one foot a couple of inches off the ball.
- Pull the ball toward your chest with the other leg.
- Pause 2 seconds and then return the ball to its starting position.
- Lift the other leg off the ball and repeat the above.
- Hip flexors, abdominals, glutes.
- Always stop and rest if you feel your hips are sagging or if you are no longer able to maintain the neutral position.
- If you find this too diffiult, go back and try the Ball Plank Knee Tuck.
- Perform multiple repetitions on one side before switching legs.
- Try the Pike
- Adding more air to your exercise ball will make it less stable
This is considered an advanced exercise ball exercise because you have a small base of support, and you must maintain neutral position while a loaded limb is moving. Your centre of gravity changes and your base of support changes throughout the exercise.
Repeat this ball exercise 6 times on each leg.
Repeat this ball exercise 10 times on each leg.
Repeat this ball exercise 15 times on each leg.