Stability Ball Forward Arm Raise
- Start this exercise by lying prone over the ball with chest slightly raised the ball centred under your waist.
- Hands rest lightly on the floor in front of you.
- Your back and neck should be aligned in their neutral position while looking at the floor.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles so you don't twist and roll off the ball.
- Raise one arm up straight in front of you.
- Pull your shoulder blade down as you raise your arm up. Don't shrug.
- Slowly lower the arm back down.
- Upper and mid back, shoulders.
- If you cheat or raise your arm too high you will rock on the ball.
- Keep your thumb pointing up to the ceiling to avoid impingement and get full range of motion.
- Add 1-2 kg dumb bells.
- Hold a light resistance band in your hands (about18 to 24 inches long)
- Try Reverse Flyes 135.
- Try the Superman
This is a good exercise to introduce some dynamic shoulder movements into your exercise ball program if you are just beginning. Sometimes the superman exercise over the ball is just a bit too much for people when they first start out using the exercise ball.
Combine this exercise with the Prone Leg Raise before venturing forward with the Superman on the Ball.
Repeat this ball exercise 6 times
Repeat this ball exercise 10 times
Repeat this ball exercise 15 times