Stability Ball Pushups with
One Foot Support
- Start this exercise ball exercise in the ball plank position. Kneel on the floor in front of the ball and slide forward so that you are lying over the ball with the ball situated under your feet and your arms straight supporting your upper body directly under your shoulders.
- Contract your abdominals so that your back remains straight.
- Now raise one leg straight behind you.
- Slowly inhale as you lower yourself to the floor by bending your elbows.
- Exhale as you push your self back up.
- Pectoral muscles, deltoid, triceps.
- If you have difficulty with this exercise go back to doing Push Ups 2, and working on your balance with the Ball Plank Heel Raise
- Don't lock your elbows at the top of the movement.
- Use a bigger exercise ball
- Add more air to your ball to make it less stable
- Raise your foot higher
- Hold at the bottom for a count of two or three
- Try the Pike Push Up
If you are managing this exercise ball exercise with little difficulty and you enjoy pushups, here is a selection of other pushups that may interest you:
Repeat this ball exercise 6 times.
Repeat this ball exercise 10 times.
Repeat this ball exercise 15 times.