- Stand holding the ball against the wall at chest height as in the
- Put your hands on the ball at shoulder height.
- Step back.
- The further you step back, the harder this ball exercise becomes.
- You should be straight from your head to your heels.
- Bend your elbows and allow yourself to move in toward the exercise ball.
- Pause briefly and push back to the starting position.
- Pectoral muscles, triceps, deltoid
- Contract your abdominals to protect your back.
- Pull your shoulder blades back and down to aid in scapular stability.
- Don't let your butt stick out or your hips sag.
- Be careful if you have neck, wrist or shoulder problems.
- If you have discomfort, consult a physical therapist.