- Place the exercise ball against the wall at shoulder height.
- Stabilize the ball with your hand so that your shoulder is at 90 degrees.
- Your hand should be slightly lower than the centre of the ball.
- Pull your shoulder blades slightly down and back.
- Place your feet approximately shoulder to hip width apart so that you are able to maintain a neutral spine.
- Hold this position.
- Do not allow your shoulders to move forward.
- Do not let your shoulder blades wing at the back.
- Movement is stabilized by the pecs, trunk and scapular muscles.
- Keep your hand in the same plane as your shoulder.
- You should form a straight line from one hand to the other.
- Try moving further back from the ball.
- Try using a bigger ball