- Stand with
your back against the ball with the exercise ball at the level of your
- Feet should be hip width to shoulder width apart.
- Lower yourself until your thighs are horizontal.
- Lower yourself as though there were a stool coming out of the wall that you are going to sit on.
- Your knees at this point should still be over your feet.
- Pause at this point and slowly return to the starting position.
- In order to prevent knee injury it is imperative that you not let your knees
move over your toes.
- As you descend try and keep your knees centred over the second toe. Don't let them weave in or out.
- You should not have knee or back pain while performing this ball
exercise. If you do, consult a physical therapist.