Squat with the Exercise Ball
- Stand with
your back against the ball with the exercise ball at the level of your
- Feet should be hip width to shoulder width
- Lower yourself until your thighs are horizontal.
- Lower yourself as though there were a stool
coming out of the wall that you are going to sit on.
- Your knees at this point should still be over
- Pause at this point and slowly return to the
- In order to prevent knee injury it is
imperative that you not let your knees move over your toes.
- As you descend try and keep your knees centred
over the second toe. Don't let them weave in or out.
- You should not have knee or back pain while
performing this ball exercise. If you do, consult a physical therapist.
Depending on how you position your feet you can recruit more hip
adductors or abductors. With feet closer together, more abductor
activity is apparent; with feet further apart you recruit more
The exercise ball is very helpful in this exercise as it assists in
maintaining good form while performing the squat.
this ball exercise 6 times.
this ball exercise 10 times.
this ball exercise 15 times.
Return to the
top of Squat with the Exercise Ball