- Lie on the exercise ball as you did for the 2 previous versions of
this exercise (Lying
on the exercise ball)
- Put hands behind your head and without interlocking your fingers.
- Your feet should be hip width or closer together.
- Your body should form a straight line from your knees to your head.
- Raise your shoulders and reach with your right hand up and across to the left in one smooth movement.
- Visualize the distance between your right rib cage and your left hip as getting shorter.
- Pause for a second or two and return to the starting position.
- Keep your lower back in contact with the ball at all times.
- The ball should not move during this exercise.
- Repeat this with the other arm.
- Abdominal muscles, neck flexors
- Keep your chin toward your chest as though you were squeezing an orange between your chin and your chest.
- Press the tongue against the roof of your mouth to help facilitate the deep neck flexors and avoid neck strain.
- If you find this too difficult go back and work on Oblique Crunch 2 or Oblique Crunch 1.
- Bring your feet closer together.
- Use a firmer stability ball.