- Get yourself out to the supine position (How
to lie on your exercise ball)
- Cross your arms over your chest as in the picture below.
- Keep feet hip width apart or closer.
- Head trunk and hips should form a straight line from head to knees.
- Slowly and in a controlled manner, use your abdominal muscles to pull your upper body off the ball.
- Visualize the distance between your rib cage and your pelvis as getting shorter.
- Pause for a second or two and return to the starting position.
- Your lower back should remain in contact with the ball at all times.
- The ball should not move during this exercise.
- Abdominal muscles, neck flexors
- Pull your chin toward your chest as though you were squeezing an orange between your chin and your chest.
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth to help activate the deep neck flexors and avoid neck strain.
- Have someone hold your feet down and begin this exercise ball exercise with the ball
a little further toward your feet, centred under your pelvis.
- Put more air in your exercise ball to make it less stable.
- Hold a weight across your chest.
- Try Ab Crunch 3