- Lie on your back on the floor, arms straight out to the side.
- Rest your legs on the ball such that your hips and knees are at
roughly 90 degrees as in the picture below.
- Try and keep your pelvis in the
- Contract your abdominal muscles
and pull your shoulders up so that your shoulder blades lift off the floor.
- Visualize the distance between your rib cage and your pelvis as shortening.
- Hold this briefly and return to the starting position.
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to facilitate deep neck flexors
so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to squeeze an orange between your chin
and your chest.