- Lie down on the exercise ball as you have for previous exercises in
supine: (How to lie on your exercise ball
- Cross your arms over your chest as in the picture below.
- Keep your feet hip width apart or a little closer.
- Form a straight line with your head shoulders and back from your head to your knees.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and pull your right shoulder up and toward your left knee.
- Your lower back should never leave the exercise ball.
- Visualize your right rib cage as moving toward your left hip.
- Hold briefly and return to the start position.
- Repeat this on the other side.
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to facilitate deep neck flexors
so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to squeeze an orange between your chin
and your chest.