Ab Crunch 1
over the Exercise Ball
- Get yourself out into the supine position (Supine Position) as you have for
previous ball exercises and as illustrated in the picture below.
- Put your arms at your sides pointing toward
- Keep your feet hip width apart or closer.
- Head neck and hips should form a straight line
from your head to your knees.
- Use your abdominals
to pull your shoulders up and reach toward your knees with your hands.
- Visualize the distance between your rib cage
and your pelvis as shortening as you do this.
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to
facilitate deep neck flexors so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to
squeeze an orange between your chin and your chest.
Once you master the ab crunch on the floor you can make it a little
more difficult on the ball. The exercise ball allows you to crunch
through a larger range of motion. This exercise is made easy by having
your arms pointing toward your feet. As your elevate your arms your
weight is shifted making it more difficult as in the
this exercise ball exercise 6 times.
this exercise ball exercise 10 times.
this exercise ball exercise 15 times.
to the top of Ab Crunch on the Ball - 1