Ab Crunch 3
over the Exercise Ball
- Get yourself out to the supine position (How to lie on the exercise ball)
- Put your hands behind your head but don't
interlock your fingers.
- Keep your feet hip width apart or closer.
- Head neck and hips should form a straight line
from your head to your knees.
- Use your abdominals
to pull your shoulders up.
- Visualize the distance between your rib cage
and your pelvis as shortening as you do this.
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to
facilitate deep neck flexors so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to
squeeze an orange between your chin and your chest to stabilize your
- Have someone hold your feet as you move forward
and perform this ball exercise with the ball under your pelvis.
- Hold a weight across your chest.
There are a lot of websites out there to tell you how to perform
abdominal crunches. This version over the exercise ball allows you to
work your abdominal muscles through a larger range of motion than on
the floor. Putting your arms over your head shifts your mass over the
ball forcing your abdominal muscles to work harder.
If your find this too difficult, go back and try
Ab crunches 1
Ab crunches 2
this ball exercise 6 times.
this ball exercise 10 times.
this ball exercise 15 times.
the top of Ab Crunch 3