- Lie on
your back on a mat with knees straight and your hands placed palms down behind your lower
- Squeeze the exercise ball between your feet over your
hips so that your hips are at 90 degrees.
- Engage your abdominal muscles through the
abdominal hollowing technique.
- Slowly lower the ball to the floor with straight legs.
- If at any point you feel your lower back lift off
your hands then stop and raise the ball back up.
- Lower abdominals, hip flexors.
- This exercise ball exercise requires a great deal of
abdominal strength. If you feel your lower back lift off your hands
then that means you have lost your
neutral position and you back is now
vulnerable to injury.
- If you are unable to perform the full exercise then
by lowering the ball only part way. As your strength improves, you
should be able to get lower.
- Practice the Hip Crunches with knees bent prior
to attempting this.
- You should not have pain doing this exercise. Any pain should be
followed up by your physical therapist.
- Hold the ball just before it touches the floor for as
long as you can without losing your form.
- Try the Ball Hand Off