Straight Leg Hip Crunch with
the Exercise Ball
- Lie on
your back on a mat with knees straight and your hands placed palms down
behind your lower
- Squeeze the exercise ball between your feet
hips so that your hips are at 90 degrees.
- Engage your abdominal muscles through the
- Slowly lower the ball to the floor with
- If at any point you feel your lower back lift
your hands then stop and raise the ball back up.
- Lower abdominals, hip flexors.
- This exercise ball exercise requires a great
abdominal strength. If you feel your lower back lift off your hands
then that means you have lost your neutral
position and you back is now
vulnerable to injury.
- If you are unable to perform the full exercise
by lowering the ball only part way. As your strength improves, you
should be able to get lower.
- Practice the Hip Crunches with knees bent prior
to attempting this.
- You should not have pain doing this exercise.
Any pain should be followed up by your physical therapist.
- Hold the ball just before it touches the floor
long as you can without losing your form.
- Try the Ball Hand Off
This exercise requires a great deal of abdominal strength and should
only be attempted when the easier exercises are mastered.
Repeat this ball exercise 6
Repeat this ball exercise 10
Repeat this ball exercise 15
to the top of Straight Leg Hip Crunches Ball Exercise