How to Lie on an Exercise Ball
- Sit on the exercise ball with a neutral
How to Sit
- Chest should be up, shoulder blades down and
back, and head back over your shoulders.
- Keep your feet flat on the ground shoulder
width or slightly further apart.
- Place your hands on the ball beside you
- Walk your feet forward while leaning back onto
the exercise ball.
- Continue forward until your head and upper
thoracic spine rests on the ball.
- Push through your heels to keep your hips up
and use the
hollowing technique to engage your
muscles so that you remain straight from your head to your
- Return to the seated position by contracting
muscles, tucking in your chin toward your chest and walking your feet
back toward the ball.
- Lower back extensors, glutes, quadriceps
- Keep your neck in line with your spine.
- Don't walk out so far that all your weight is
supported by your head and neck alone.
Assuming the supine position is a skill fundamental to any ball
exercises that require you to lay back on the ball. It is important
that you are able to do it in a controlled fashion.
the top of How to Lie on an Exercise Ball