- Sit on the exercise ball with a
neutral lumbar posture.
How to Sit
- Chest should be up, shoulder blades down and back, and head back over your
- Keep your feet flat on the ground shoulder width or slightly further apart.
- Place your hands on the ball beside you
- Walk your feet forward while leaning back onto the exercise ball.
- Continue forward until your head and upper thoracic spine rests on the ball.
- Push through your heels to keep your hips up and use the
abdominal hollowing technique to engage your
abdominal muscles so that you remain straight from your head to your knees.
- Return to the seated position by contracting your abdominal
muscles, tucking in your chin toward your chest and walking your feet
back toward the ball.
- Lower back extensors, glutes, quadriceps
- Keep your neck in line with your spine.
- Don't walk out so far that all your weight is supported by your head and neck