- Start this ball exercise by sitting on the ball with a neutral lumbar posture. (How to Sit)
should be up, shoulder blades down and back, and head back over your
- Keep your feet flat on the ground
shoulder width or slightly further apart.
your arms up straight as high as you can.
a slow and controlled movement, raise your foot off the floor while
straightening your knee.
- This reduces the points
of stable contact to 1.
Maintain a neutral spinal
position and don't lean back.
Movers || |
Tips || |
- If you find yourself wobbling around go back and try the Seated Leg Raise
1 (hands on hips)
- Concentrate more on maintaining transversus abdominus
activity, keeping a level pelvis.
- Start with small movements until your are comfortable.
- If trying this
exercise with your eyes closed be sure to make safety a priority.
Seated Leg Raise (arms up) with your eyes closed for more of a balance
and proprioceptive challenge.