Position || |
- To start the easy pushups, kneel on the
floor in front of the ball and slide forward
so that you are lying over the ball with the ball situated just under
your knees or thighs.
Contract your abdominals so that your
back remains straight.
- Lift your legs so you form a straight line from your feet to your
- Hands should be situated directly under your shoulders.
lower yourself to the floor by bending your elbows.
- Imagining yourself pivoting over the ball so that as your shoulders move
down toward the floor your straight legs rise up toward the ceiling.
your self back up keeping yourself perfectly straight.
- Pectoral muscles, deltoid, triceps.
you have difficulty with this easy pushup try moving back so that the ball
is under the top of your thighs.
- Practice Knee Pushup on Ball, and Pushups on Ball while maintaining
good form before trying this exercise.
- Don't lock
your elbows at the top of the movement.
- Keep your neck straight, chin tucked. Don't allow your chin to fall
toward the floor, and don't tilt your head back.
- There should be no pain the the shoulders or neck doing this exercise.
If you experience pain, see your physical therapist to determine if this
ball exercise is appropriate for you.
- Try moving the ball closer to your
feet. The further the ball is from your pelvis the more difficult this ball exercise becomes.