- Start the hip extension ball exercise by sliding forward over the ball such
that you are lying
prone over the ball with the exercise ball under your pelvis and chest slightly raised.
rest lightly on the floor in front of you.
both legs so that they are horizontal. You should be straight from your feet to
- The starting position for this ball exercise is the ending position
Pike over the Ball Exercise
your legs toward the ceiling.
- Use a slow and
- Avoid allowing your upper
body to dip down as you extend your legs.
hamstrings, back extensors.
Tips || |
- Before you start the hip extension exercise on the ball make sure you have
adequate hip flexibility. People that sit at desks all day are often tight in
the front of the hips (hip flexors). Undertake an adequate
to maintain your flexibility or to gain more
- Your lower back will move out of its neutral position during
this exercise as you extend, and then return.
with small amplitude movements and keep your movements slow and
- Avoid quick ballistic movements as
these can put excessive strain on your back.
sure to keep your chin tucked to avoid neck strain.
you find this difficult, try Pike Over the Ball, and Prone Leg Raise 1.