- To start the single legged superman exercise on the ball kneel on the floor
and stretch forward over the exercise ball until you are lying
prone over the ball with chest slightly raised, waist centred over the top of
the exercise ball.
rest lightly on the floor in front of you.
- Tighten your abdominals as you learned through
the abdominal hollowing exercise.
both arms in front of you to shoulder height.
the same time, raise one leg.
- Hold for 5
- Lower your foot to the floor
and raise the other foot.
- Back Extensors, glutes, shoulders
- Keep your chin tucked and look at
the floor at all times.
- To maintain neck stability throughout this exercise and avoid neck
strain, press your tongue on the roof of your mouth, and hold an imaginary
grapefruit between your chin and your chest to engage deep neck flexors.
to avoid side to side movements as well as twisting.
goal is to
maintain your neutral position.
- If you
are having trouble with balance, go back and work on
superman on the floor and then Superman
on the exercise ball.
- Remember, you should have no pain performing this ball exercise. If you
experience neck, shoulder, or back pain, consult your physical therapist.
|| You can make this ball exercise more
challenging by doing any of the following: |