Position || |
- Start this ball exercise in the
bent leg bridging position. Lie face up on
the floor with your feet flat on the
- Engage your
- Arms are straight and out to the sides of
- Push down with your feet and lift your hips up toward the
ceiling so that your trunk forms a straight line from your shoulders to
lift one leg up and then lower it back to the
- Repeat on the other side.
spinal neutrality at all times
Movers || |
- Hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings, back extensors
Tips || |
- Start with short range lifts until you get your
- If you feel unsteady, go back and work
on Bridging with Knees Bent,
Bridging with knees straight.
- You can make this exercise ball exercise a little easier by
letting some air out of your ball. A softer ball means a larger area
of contact with the floor.
1-2 kg ankle
- Try the Single Leg Bridge.
- Try narrowing your
base of support by putting more are into your exercise ball, or moving
your arms toward your trunk.
- Increase the speed of your movements
- Try it with your eyes closed
- Tie a
light resistance band around both ankles attaching one ankle to the