- Walk yourself out to the supine position (How
to Lie on a Ball)
- Put your arms straight at your sides.
- Keep your feet hip width apart or somewhat closer.
- Head neck and hips should form a straight line from your head to your knees
as in the first picture below.
- Contract your
abdominal muscles, pull your right shoulder up and reach with your right hand toward your
- Your lower back should never leave the exercise ball.
- Visualize your right rib cage as moving toward your opposite hip.
- Hold briefly and return to the start position.
- Repeat this on the other side.
- Push your tongue to the roof of your mouth to facilitate deep neck flexors
so as to avoid neck strain.
- Also, push your chin down as though to squeeze an orange between your chin
and your chest.
- If this is too difficult, try Side Crunch with Knee on Floor.